Monday, February 26, 2007

Why Marketing?

It's creative. Marketing is about generating ideas. It's about creating ways to make more, get more and sell more. It's a creative industry, filled with creative, idea-generating people. And I LOVE creating!


It enables me to have my own business. It would be easy for me to successfully open my own business because I know how to market.


It lends itself to freelance and independent work. Marketing isn't just something you can do in a 9 to 5 job. There are many freelance and independent work opportunities available. Because of this I think I would be able to easily transit from a full-time marketing job to my own business.


I will be meeting all kinds of interesting people. From clients, to the media, to production vendors, to partners, to podcast interviewees, it’s awesome!


It involves writing and I love to write. Writing is one of my favorite creative outlets. To have the opportunity to do it every day in my work is pure joy!


It's always changing so it keeps me on my toes. It seems they are always inventing new ways to market. Right now I am learning how to blog!!!

No comments: